The centre was started in 1962 and was shifted to its present building in 1972. In 1976a Diploma Course in Yoga was started and a new course was started in its place in 1981 i.e. B.Ed (Yoga) affiliation by P.U Chandigarh and from the session 2007-08 the P.G Diploma Course in Yoga Therapy was given affiliation by Punjab University, Chandigarh through Govt. College of Education, Sector-20,Chandigarh.
- B.Ed (Yoga) course-One year (20seats).
- P.G. Diploma Course in Yoga Therapy-One and Half Year(25seats)
- Certificate course in Yoga Three Month(25 Seats)
- Daily activities: General Public sessions of Yogasanas, Meditation &Therapy.
- Various Yoga Championships: School/State/Inter College /General Public.
- Summer Yoga Camp for School Students/Teacher/College lecturers.
- Working of Sub Centers at Sector-19 and 41
- Other facilities like library, steam bath, laboratory tests etc